Homebrew Channel Updater
This application is a tool helpful in recovering broken or potentially-broken Homebrew Channel installations. It elevates its own root code execution service, and allows for Homebrew Channel update/reelevation.
This is necessary when updating webOS 22 TVs from Homebrew Channel versions older than 0.6.3 (due to a bug in self-update feature on these versions)
In most other situations - it is a potentially useful tool one could use to avoid having to go through the hassle of setting up and rooting their TV all over again.
- Install application via Homebrew Channel
- Launch application
- Wait for its service to get elevated - loading indicator at the bottom of the screen should disappear after a couple of seconds. Note that initial startup requires correctly set up rooted Homebrew Channel, ie. "Root status" needs to be "ok".
- Application is ready:
- Press 1 to update Homebrew Channel to latest published release.
- Press 2 to reelevate Homebrew Channel service (ie. when Homebrew Channel Settings "Root status" indicates "unelevated", even though your TV should be rooted)
- Press 8 to launch emergency passwordless root telnet server on port 22.
- Press 9 to launch /var/lib/webosbrew/startup.sh (startup hooks) - this is carried out automatically by Homebrew Channel on startup if its service is correctly elevated. (note: this may result in an error if your TV has already executed startup scripts)
- If any operation selected above succeeded, you should get a "Finished." message in log listing.
Last Updated: 2023/03/01 08:55:33 UTC